Having a hard time coming up with creative Facebook status ideas?
Are you not getting the response (likes, comments, shares) you’d like?
Well, I am working on a Saturday to give you a list of 61 creative Facebook status ideas you can use on your Facebook pages. These are some of the ones we use and some work better than others.
Certain times/days work better than others. We find weekends to be great for interaction. Pictures seem to get more engagement for us, but just written text gets seen by more. I know, it doesn’t make much sense to me either.
I see so many business posting the most boring updates. Most businesses post about themselves 99.2% of the time. I know your business is great and want the World to know, but the truth is, no one cares. People want to be entertained, not having ads pushed down their throats. Make it about them, NOT you!
Answer the question: What’s in it for them?
These are great to get the conversation started. We find one word answers work best.
- Time for a fun game. What do children know/do better than adults?
- Fill in the blank: ________________ always makes me smile.
- Fill in the blank: ________________ always makes me amused.
- Imagine you had super powers. What would your one weakness would be? _____________________
- Time for a fun game. What’s the most fun you’ve had recently?
- Time for a fun game. If you had to be an animal, which would you choose and why?
- Time for a fun game. Share the funniest (or worst) knock-knock joke you know.
- My favorite funny movie of all time is __________________________
- Time for a fun game. What are the 3 funniest dances you’ve ever done/seen?
- Time for a fun game. Who is your favorite comedian of all time?
- Today, I will _________________________ without fear.
- I was born in _______________, but now I live in ____________________________.
- Time for a fun game. If you could only eat one food for an entire week, what food would you choose?
- I couldn’t live longer than a day without __________.
- What do you think about most? The past, the present or the future?
- The perfect age is __________.
- Time for a fun game. If your life got “stuck” at one age, what age would you choose?
- Time for a fun game. What song would you choose as your theme song?
- Laptop or desktop?
- Fill in the blank: ________________ always makes me feel nostalgic.
Funny Facebook Status Ideas
Here are some funny Facebook status updates that will get likes. Test them. Some might work and some might not. Have fun with your community.
- Q: If you could be the parent of one person in history, who would it be?
- Click LIKE if you’ve ever climbed a tree
- Click LIKE if you had a nickname for your teenage crushes. 🙂
- Hit LIKE if you’re feeling LAZY today…
- Click LIKE if you hate it when you plan a conversation in your head but the other person doesn’t follow the script.
- What’s the most embarrasing thing your parents did to you, growing up? 🙂
- Fancy seeing the ‘LIKES’ of you here. Fancy indeed.
- I want to do more ______ (Fill in the blankety-blank!)
- Flip flops or sneakers?
- We love those songs you can listen to a million times – what’s the greatest song of all time?
- On a Friday night: restaurant, nightclub, movies, or couch potato night?
- Click LIKE if you push the elevator button more than once. Does it work?
- Sometimes I Just Want To Copy Someone Else’s Status, Word For Word, And See If They Notice.
- How many of your Facebook friends would you invite over for dinner?
- Click LIKE if you hate when you’re watching a show on DVR and realize you’re mostly through a commercial break but forgot to fast forward.
- Fill in the blank. This year I am crossing ______ off my bucket list
- LIKE this if you’re counting down to the weekend…
- Love Facebook!… where else can you talk to a wall — and it talks back! 🙂
- Today is so ______ because I have ______! (fill in those blanks!)
- If Facebook were a infectious disease, _____% of the world population would be infected.
Quotes always work. Sometimes I search for images (with quotes) on Google and post those as more people like/comment/share images.
- Every ceiling, when reached, becomes a floor, upon which one walks as a matter of course and prescriptive right. – Aldous Huxley
- Following the course of least resistance makes for crooked rivers and crooked men. – Lanny Henninger
- “The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it. – Bill Cosby
- Half of the failures in life come from pulling one’s horse when he is leaping. – Thomas Hood
- Your time is limited. Don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
- Men’s best successes come after their disappointments. – Henry Ward Beecher
- Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. – William Shakespeare
- “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.” – John E. Southard
- Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration and inspiration. – Evan Esar
- “The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation… enduring, waiting to find out what their lives are about.” – Henry Thoreau
- To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first. – Shakespeare
- The truth is that parents are not really interested in justice. They just want quiet. – Bill Cosby
- Imagination without learning, has wings and no feet. – Joseph Joubert
- You cannot dream yourself into a character: you must hammer and forge yourself into one. – Henry D. Thoreau
- The best way out is always through. – Robert Frost
- Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome. – Samuel Johnson
- Imagination is more important than knowledge. – Albert Einstein
- Impatience never commanded success. – Edwin H. Chapin
If you are a business in Vegas, I’ll let you in on a little secret. Vintage Vegas pictures work wonderfully. Old Vegas images is where we see the highest engagement. A lot of our fans have lived in Vegas for years so it’s like “a trip down memory lane” for a lot of them. Use it and thank me later 🙂
These 61 Facebook status updates will help drive engagement. Also, add in your blog posts, pictures of your business, specials, tips/tricks, industry news, etc. These above Facebook status ideas should supplement your brand’s current updates. These updates are a lot of fun to do and you’d be surprised which ones could go viral. Some of ours have generated 300-400 shares and hundreds of comments.
Have fun with social. Be social on social. People like that. When you have fun with them and create a community, you create brand advocates. If you do this the right way, your fans spread your message for you.
That is ROI.